Friday, February 1, 2008

Oh me, Oh my...Cohl!

Last Saturday morning David and I slept in, Kirra and Cohl were awake watching Jimmy Newtron. David gets up about 8:10 am and hear Kirra call out to Cohl, "Cohl, I need more ice cream." He quickly responds, "Okay", and proceeds to get Kirra more of both kinds of ice cream from the freezer with the stool. At least he shared with his sister and was helping her. It is cute but lead to much more in the days to come.

Monday we were at my mom's house and she made them "hot chocolate" for snack. Well Cohl had some left and I put it on the counter for later. Later came and my mom and I were sewing in the back and Cohl came in to let us know that he was making the rest of his hot chocolate. I followed him into the kitchen to find him getting the stool once again. Her microwave is high, adult height. So he was about to get his cup out of the mocrowave with HOT chocolate. I freaked out and didn't let him of course. I looked into the micro and the coco had boiled over and was all over the glass tray. It was in a plastic, non-micro safe cup. I asked Cohl how long he put it on for and he said, "I just pushed the 1." On her micro you can put the 1-2 or 3 and get that many minutes by just pushing the number. So he put about 4 oz. of coco on for 1 minute. I flashed forward in my mind to him burned and us at the hospital. I know any of you with kids have done that before. He is just getting so big and he is very observant but that is such a BIG NO NO!

Last night I saw him with the stool again. Now I am keeping an eye on the stool...he was in my bedroom with the door slightly shut. Behind the door is where our medicine is in a high cabinet. So I asked him to come out and he said,"I know I am not supposed to get that so I didn't." But...he wanted to and was going to. He was trying to get these Triamenic cold strips that I got back in December when they were all sick and I did not yet know that it was our house making them sick. Anyhow they are all "sick" with a cough again and he thought he would help himself to the meds. Oh me, oh my! I am exctied for the upcoming move so hopefully their coughs related to this house will go away.

Tonight I went in to brush Kirra's teeth before bed. I took notice to the lack of tooth paste in the kid's tube. Cohl has coincidentially been a great tooth brusher this week. So he has been randomally been brushing his teeth all week. I am just laughing while I write this because he is sneaky and thinks he gets away with things. Anyhow he has been going into their bathroom and eating the toothpaste. WOW what kids do that they think is a good idea.

I am sure there will be many more great stories to come!

3 comments:

gene pensiero said...

--
amazing...i loved these stories.

good luck over there!

Paul Davison said...

Wow. Jessica told me the Ice Cream story and I thought it was hilarious...but I didn't know it led to all that other stuff, haha. I wonder what crazy things he's going to do tonight when I'm over.

Jenn said...

Oh man! He's really in a curiosity stage, isn't he?! You are a great Mom. At least you've been able to intercept him before any damage has been done!
We have a sneaky one in our house too. It's hard staying on top of it all...because they're so sneaky!! We've been trying to crack down on the little things, and that's been helping, plus reminding her that God is always with us (hint, hint: He's watching!)and that there is always a consequence to sin. She gets that and I know in her heart she wants to do the right thing but sometimes it's hard to make that choice (I know about that all too well).
Thanks for sharing!
-Jenn