Saturday, October 18, 2008

Backyard Work

This is our yard before we bought the house.


B4: Notice Kirra coming out of hte caged-in patio.
AFTER: We cleared the patio, took down the cage and were given an old patio swing.

We put up the rock wall about the tree a while ago.
We put in this swervy river rock on the right to make a definite line between the grass and the covered patio (that will later be more cement, stained is what we would love to create more of a room feel).

We salvaged the brown and green trunk on the left from the pick up day in our neighborhood. I painted the front and top brown and then ran out of paint. So the green sides stay for now.

3 comments:

BK said...

Erin, I love the updates on the fam and seeing all the pictures! I have to say I miss you guys A LOT but love seeing how the kids are growing and am excited for what's happening at The Well SE. I pray for you guys often and love when I see you all around.

Unknown said...

wow, great job guys!! I can't wait to visit your home in real life! The photos help while we are far away though! I totally know what it looks like when the kids are playing the your backyard now!!

Jenn said...

Looks awesome. Backyards can be a lot of work...but worth the effort!