Saturday, April 2, 2011

note to self...

...if your butane lighter is leaking...DON'T use it

the other day I was lighting a candle and the whole thing burst into flames right in my hand. it was leaking just a bit but I thought I would try it one more time.
when it went up in flames I tossed it into the dish drainer, then didn't know if it was one of those oil fire and water thing where it just gets bigger so I threw my flour on it...it was out then relit 'cause the butane was still in there and on fire
so I took it out to the lawn in my now empty flour bin while I went back to tend the fire in my dish drainer.
my new place mat was on fire

this is the result

no damage to any person or the kitchen thank goodness!!
it was pretty scarry

2 comments:

Jenny Plumb said...

Yikes! Haha, this is a funny story. I guess funny because it ended well. Phew!

Tara said...

That's scary! I'm glad nothing was damaged. Good info to know, though. I never knew those would burst into flames like that. Yikes!